At Pepipost we strive to ensure that all of our customers are Good Senders. We do this by providing guidance on deliverability best practices for inbox placement, providing real-time feedback on your sends and by enforcing policies that protect our sending reputation and the reputation of our customers.
Sender Domain verification is one such policy which helps us to keep your inbox delivery rates high.
#Step One: Ownership Verification
To start sending emails from Pepipost, one of the crucial steps is to get your sender domain verified, i.e, confirming that you own the domain and verifying that all the email addresses are hosted on that domain.
This you can do by adding our SPF and DKIM records listed under Domain Settings in your Pepipost account.
At Pepipost we are committed to keep the email ecosystem clean and reduce the number of emails landing in spam. To maintain credibility as an email provider and provide our customers with the best deliverability and ROI, we follow stringent measures for domain approval. The domain verification process is a combination of programmatic and human checks, which helps us determine if the domain is going to send genuine and relevant emails.
Our delivery team reviews and approves a domain based on multiple factors:
- Domain ownership
- Website content
- Nature of business.
- List building practices
- Type of transactional or triggered messages that are being sent
- Whether emails are apt to your business
- Whether the business location matches to the location where your account is created and many more..
This whole process of authenticating a domain usually takes less than 2 hours. Once approved and you add your TXT & SPF records, you can start sending emails.
Domain not approved, now what?
If your account does not get approved, do not panic as that is not the end. If you feel that your website ticks off all the conditions above, please do reach out to our support team for a review.
Sometimes approval process could be delayed. In such cases we give our best efforts to understand use cases for each domain, and we just need a little more information about how your website and business are setup. We will contact you over the email you used to signup with a set of questions that we need clarity on. Please do help us with them and your account should get processed quickly.
If you are new to emailing and are stuck with choosing a domain to start off with email activity, we give you few guidelines for the same.
Things to remember when choosing a domain:
This is the most crucial part when you start off your email activity, be it transactional or promotional. Remember that you do not change the domain name frequently and ensure that it makes a lasting impression on your end users.
Here I list few generic guidelines to choose a domain:
- Different name for domain & sub-domain: A completely different domain than your business domain, or a sub-domain of your business domain. Ex: myshoppingsitemails.com is a completely different domain and email.myshoppingsite.com is a sub domain of your business domain.
- Different name for Transactional and Promotional sub-domains: In this case, Trans.myshoppingsite.com for transactional and email.myshoppingsite.com for promo.
- If you plan to keep your mailing domain separate from your business domain, please make sure that you choose a name that is similar to your business domain and redirect the mailing domain to your business domain. End user should feel the connectivity between the domains.